1 pound jicama
1 bunch watercress
4 yellow tomatoes, small
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel jicama and cut in half. With a very sharp knife, cut into very thin slices. Stack the slices and cut them into 1/2-inch-wide ribbons.
2. Wash the watercress and pat or spin it dry. Break off and discard the lower portions of the stems.
3. Cut the tomatoes into very thin wedges.
4. If not serving immediately, refrigerate the salad ingredients separately for up to 8 hours.
5. To make dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, mint, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, gently combine the jicama, watercress, tomatoes and dressing.
(based on individual servings)
Total Fat: 9 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 223 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 2 g
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.