A twist on its traditional tomato-laden twin, white gazpacho offers a cool take on this summertime favorite.
2 cups slightly stale country bread, without crust, cubed
1 cup whole blanched and peeled almonds
2 large garlic cloves, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
6 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
2 cups ice cold water
For the garnish:
Green grapes, halved
Toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes with just enough water to cover and set aside.
2. In a food processor, combine the almonds, garlic and salt. Mix until smooth.
3. Squeeze the excess water out of the bread cubes and add the bread to the food processor. Mix well until it forms a paste. While the food processor is on, add the oil in a thin, steady stream.
4. Add the vinegar and the water. Pulse until the preparation is smooth. Chill before serving.
5. For the garnish, quickly dry toast almonds in a saute pan.
6. Ladle the soup into decorative bowls and garnish with the grapes and almonds.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.