Here's a quick dish that's full of flavor.
1 cup apple cider
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, cut into 1-inch chunks
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 medium celery stalks, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 small onion, chopped
2 large Granny Smith apples (or your favorite crisp apple variety) cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
2 cups seedless red grapes (1/2 pound), each cut in half
1 bag (5 to 6 ounces) baby spinach
1/2 cup celery leaves
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1. In small bowl, blend cider, lemon juice, and cornstarch; set aside.
2. In nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt 1 tablespoon margarine over medium-high heat. Add chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir-fry 6 to 8 minutes or just until lightly browned and chicken loses its pink color throughout. With slotted spoon, transfer chicken to large bowl; keep warm.
3. In same skillet, melt 1 tablespoon margarine. Add celery, onion, and remaining salt, and cook 6 to 8 minutes over medium heat or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring often. Transfer to bowl with chicken. To same skillet, add apples and grapes and stir-fry 5 minutes or until apples are tender-crisp. Transfer to bowl with chicken.
4. Stir cider mixture and add to skillet; heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring. Boil 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat; stir in remaining 1 tablespoon margarine. Pour cider dressing into bowl with chicken mixture; toss to coat.
5. Divide spinach among 4 dinner plates; top with chicken mixture and sprinkle with celery leaves and nuts.
(based on individual servings)
Total Fat: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 705 mg
Carbohydrates: 42 g
Fiber: 9 g
Protein: 31 g
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.