2/3 pound fresh mozzarella (1/2-inch cubes)
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup finely chopped Vidalia onion
1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
1 pound pasta
4 cups chopped vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded
3/4 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
1/2 cup chopped basil
1. Toss mozzarella and salt together, and set aside. Fill a medium stockpot with water and bring to a boil.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is very tender -- about 10 minutes.
3. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Add the tomatoes to the cooked onions, and increase the heat to medium-high. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender -- about 5 minutes.
4. Drain the pasta, and toss into the tomato-onion mixture to evenly coat. Remove from the heat and stir in the salted mozzarella and 1/4 cup Romano cheese.
5. Transfer to a large platter and garnish with fresh basil leaves and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
(based on individual servings)
Total Fat: 36 g
Saturated Fat: g
Cholesterol: 55 mg
Sodium: 760 mg
Carbohydrates: 53 g
Protein: 7 g
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.