Berries make this organic vodka drink sweetly sustainable.
Courtesy of H. Joseph Ehrmann and Square One Vodka.
1 1/2 ounces vodka
A handful (approximately 10-15) fresh blueberries, huckleberries, or blackberries
1/2 ounce fresh organic lemon cut into pieces
1/4 to 1/2 ounce organic agave nectar
2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
1. In a mixing cup add berries and lemon. Muddle to juice both.
2. Add Square One Organic Vodka, agave nectar and ice.
3. Shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
4. Take 3 sprigs of thyme and slap it between your palms to release the oils.
5. Place 2 sprigs in the bottom of a 10-ounce highball glass and fill it with ice.
6. Strain the cocktail over ice and stick the last thyme sprig in the cocktail as a garnish. It should stick out a bit like a small straw.
Note: For a refreshing summer spritzer, add 1 tablespoon of Crème de Cassis or D'Arbo Sour Cherry Syrup or Sonoma Black Currant Syrup and top with soda water.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.