Recipe courtesy of Christine Seitz for Bon Appétit Management Company.
4 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil (reserve ¼ cup for final drizzle at end)
2 teaspoons Harissa (or substitute hot chili sauce)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Sea Salt and fresh ground black or white pepper to taste
1 cup black and green olives
8 to 12 ounces feta cheese
½ cup capers
1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
12 whole fresh Whole Wheat Pita Bread rounds
2 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil (for pita triangles)
2 tablespoons chili powder
1. Steam carrots until fork tender.
2. In food processor, coarse chop carrots, garlic, olive oil (reserve ¼ cup for final drizzle at end), cider vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Check seasonings for salt, pepper and heat, and adjust if need be. Note that the capers will add salt as well.
3. Pour into serving dish. Garnish top with capers, feta, black and green olives, and Italian parsley. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut pita bread into wedges. Lay flat on sheet pan and brush or spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt.
5. Bake pita wedges for 15 to 25 minutes or until crunchy. Serve pita chips with carrot dip - warm or chilled - and enjoy!
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.