This flavorful cold Spanish soup gets some added kick.
4 cups tomato juice, fresh
4 or 5 large tomatoes, grilled, seeded and chopped
2/3 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/3 cup red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
1 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder, toasted
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
2/3 cup vegetable stock
3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed
3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
2 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Place the tomato juice and diced tomatoes in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Combine all of the vegetables and spices in a large bowl and mix to thoroughly incorporate.
3. Stir in the vegetable stock and lime juice. Add in the fresh herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the tomato mixture to the bowl and mix to combine.
5. Refrigerate the gazpacho for 1 hour and be sure to give it a stir before serving.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.