When my friend Liz first taught me how to make this pizza, she used an organic, sourdough spelt crust, but really any whole grain crust will do. This pizza is perfect for dinner parties or just a cozy night at home.
2 to 4
1 large head radicchio
Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
White truffle oil, to taste
1 fresh pizza crust (preferably a healthy, whole grain variety)
1. Cut the radicchio in half, then slice each half crosswise into thin ribbons (as thin as possible!).
2. Dress with olive oil, salt, pepper, and a few dashes of white truffle oil to taste.
3. Preheat the oven to 415 degrees F.
4. Toast the pizza crust in the oven for 7 minutes or until it is heated through and slightly golden but not crunchy.
5. Scatter the dressed radicchio over the pizza crust and return to the oven for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the radicchio is warm and just starting to wilt. Serve immediately.
Click here for the six principles of Alicia Silverstone's Kind Diet, or watch this video:
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.