The Hearst Corporation's Cafe57 offers healthy and green meals as a part of its BWell Meal Program.
More Cafe57 Recipes: Orange Rosemary Turkey with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Arugula
6 large portobello mushroom caps
10 ounces silken tofu, drained
1 bunch spring onions, finely diced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 ounces egg whites, whipped
2 cups quinoa
2 bunches broccolini, chopped
1/4 julienned red peppers
1/4 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup chopped scallions
For the Mushrooms:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray a sheet pan with cooking spray. Lay mushroom caps on sheet pan with stem side up.
3. In a bowl break up tofu, add spring onions, sesame oil and lime juice.
4. Fold whipped egg whites into tofu mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps and bake for 35 minutes.
For the Quinoa:
1. In a saucepan, boil 4 cups lightly salted water.
2. Add quinoa, stir and cover, cook for 15 minutes.
3. Saute broccolini, red peppers, carrots and onions, in a saut© pan with 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
4. Stir cooked quinoa into vegetables, add low sodium soy sauce and garnish with scallions.Like this recipe? Check out these other great tofu recipes, too!
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.