Feeling queasy? Ginger-rhubarb elixir is just what the doctor (and mixologist) ordered.
Courtesy of Adam Seger (Manager-Sommelier-Mixologist, Nacional 27, Chicago) and Koval Distillery
1 ounce ginger liqueur
3 ounces rhubarb compote
1.5 ounces wheat grain spirit
1 sprig of mint
1. In a mixing cup add ginger liqueur and the juice of 1 lime.
2. Prepare a rhubarb compote by cooking 14 ounces of fresh organic rhubarb, 1 tablespoon of water and 1/4 cup of organic brown sugar.
3. Cook until the rhubarb is soft.
4. Add 3 ounces of the rhubarb compote.
5. Add wheat grain spirit.
6. Shake vigorously with fresh ice.
7. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
8. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.