Don't let the name fool you -- these Birdseed Granola Bars are a delicious and filling snack aimed at curbing your candy craving with sweet maple syrup and agave nectar.
SERVINGSMakes approximately 20 1-oz bars
INGREDIENTS8 oz rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray or vegan butter.
2. Combine dry ingredients (oats, millet, quinoa, almonds, pecans and wheat germ). Spread on a baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes. (Reduce oven to 300 when removed.)
3. Combine wet ingredients and salt in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until brown sugar is just dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Add toasted grains and nuts to sugar mixture and combine thoroughly. Press into coated baking pan and press flat.
5. Bake at 300 for 25 minutes.
6. Allow to cool almost completely before cutting. It will be easier to cut if its just a bit warm.
Recipe courtesy Cheap Healthy Good blog.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.