Courtesy of The Big Book of Quick & Healthy Recipes, Published by Hearst Books / Sterling Publishing ©2007.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small white onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 small red chili, deseeded and finely sliced
1/2 cup creme fraiche/soy cream
1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper to taste
7 ounces Japanese buckwheat noodles
A little grated cheese/soy cheese (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven and sweat the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until soft (don't let them brown).
2. Add the zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes. The add the sun-dried tomatoes and the chili, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the cream and oregano, and season. Heat through and very gently simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Cook the noodles as instructed on the package. Drain and toss with the sauce.
5. Sprinkle with cheese (if using) and serve immediately.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.