A specialty of Bellefield Great House in Jamaica, these banana fritters are a delicious treat.
Half a dozen ripe bananas
Two eggs, beaten
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cinnamon
1. Peel and mash the bananas until fine.
2. Mix banana mash with eggs.
3. Add spices and enough flour to make a stiff paste.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry fritters until golden.
5. Serve dusted with sugar and a slice of lime.
See more about traditional Jamaican food, taken to another level.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.