This vivid spring green vinaigrette is excellent drizzled over your favorite fish or greens.
2 cups arugula leaves
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Place a bowl of ice water near the stove.
2. Blanch the arugula in boiling water for just a few seconds. Drain and shock the arugula in the ice water. Squeeze out excess water and chop the arugula into small pieces.
3. Place chopped arugula in a blender. With the motor running, slowly add the grapeseed oil. Puree until smooth.
4. Scrape puree into a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Strain oil through a fine mesh strainer. The oil will keep, refrigerated, for up to 2 days.
6. Just before serving, whisk the vinegar into the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Total Fat: 27 g
Sodium: 149 mg
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.