Another great brunch idea for the ones you love.
Makes 10 pancakes
Quick Berry Syrup:
1 cup water
1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar
11/2 cup mixed berries
1/2 cup wheat berries
1/2 cup water
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unbleached white flour
1. To make the syrup, place the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat until the sugar dissolves, then add the berries and continue to cook down for 5 to 10 minutes, to desired consistency. Serve as is, strain, or puree.
2. Soak the wheat berries in the water for 12 hours or overnight, covered in the refrigerator. Drain and rinse the berries, place in a blender with the milk, and blend for 3 or 4 minutes.
3. Oil and preheat a griddle.
4. Add to the blender the eggs, honey, butter, salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour and blend for another minute.
5. Ladle about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto the hot griddle and cook over medium heat until bubbles appear, turn, and cook until done, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.