Courtesy of Vegan, Published by Hearst Books / Sterling Publishing ©2007.
12 vegan graham crackers
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons soy milk
8 ounces silken tofu
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons raisins
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons arrowroot
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Crush the graham crackers, then pour them into a small saucepan and heat gently with the coconut oil and soy milk for a few minutes, stirring, until well combined.
2. Using the back of a spoon, press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 12-inch tart pan or into eight 3 1/4-inch ramekins.
3. Place all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and combine with a handheld mixer or blender.
4. Pour the tofu mixture on top of the crumb base, then bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 hours before serving.
5. Decorate with crystallized ginger and nasturtium leaves, then serve with a spoonful of ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.