Courtesy of Vegan, published by Hamlyn Books/Sterling Publishing 2007.
2 ounces rice noodles
2 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
1 red onion, sliced
8 ounces rehydrated soy chunks or tofu
2 tablespoons soy sauce
8 lychees, peeled, pitted and quartered
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 cup finely sliced cabbage
1 cup bean sprouts
2 1/2 teaspoons blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
Lime wedges (optional)
1. Soak the rice noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes, then rinse in cold water and drain.
2. Heat a wok or large frying pan until very hot, add the coconut oil, then the onion and soy. Stir briskly to sear on all sides until golden.
3. Pour in the soy sauce and stir to coat the mixture.
4. Reduce the heat and add the remaining ingredients plus the drained noodles, stirring until hot.
5. Transfer the stir-fry to warmed serving bowls, sprinkle with the nori flakes and sesame seeds, and serve with wedges of lime, if desired.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.