A supereasy recipe for everyone to enjoy. Once made, slide the fruit off the skewers and into a reusable container for your kids' school snack. Courtesy of The Big Book of Quick & Healthy Recipes, published by Hearst Books/Sterling Publishing 2007.
1 orange, peeled and cut into chunks
1 pear, cored and cut into chunks
1 apple, cored and cut into chunks
1 banana, peeled and cut into chunks
8 chestnuts, peeled
2/3 cup grape juice
2 teaspoons maple syrup
oil for brushing
1. Preheat the oven to 240 degrees F.
2. Thread the fruit chunks and the chestnuts onto long skewers.
3. Make a marinade of the grape juice and maple syrup, and brush over the fruit.
4. Place the skewers on oiled baking parchment. Wrap each skewer in the parchment and bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
5. Serve with the remaining marinade as dip.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.