8 (10-inch) bamboo skewers
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 bunches thick asparagus (about 2 pounds), trimmed
1. To help prevent skewers from burning, place them in water to cover; let soak at least 30 minutes.
2. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
3. Meanwhile, in large self-sealing plastic bag, combine butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add asparagus; seal bag and turn to coat spears with butter mixture.
4. On waxed paper, arrange 8 to 10 asparagus spears side by side. Push 2 skewers crosswise through spears, one about 1/2 inch from base of spears and the other about 1 1/2 inches from tips. Repeat with remaining asparagus and skewers.
5. Place asparagus on hot grill rack; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned, turning over once. To serve, remove asparagus from skewers to platter. Serve hot or at room temperature.
(based on individual servings)
Total Fat: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 250 mg
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 3 g
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.