The Hearst Corporation's (parent company of The Daily Green) Cafe57 offers healthy and green meals as a part of their BWell Meal Program.
Four 4-ounce portions pork tenderloin (trimmed of fat)
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 bunches mustard greens, washed and roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
rind of 1 preserved lemon, julienne
2 cups bulgur wheat
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, diced
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
1/4 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
1. Soak the bulgur overnight. Drain.
For the Greens:
1. Coat a hot pan with cooking spray.
2. Saute the onions and garlic until tender then add the greens. Cook the greens until tender.
For the Pork:
1. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill or broil the pork for ten minutes.
3. Top with preserved lemon.
For the Bulgur:
1. Add the chopped vegetables, lemon juice and herbs. Serve at room temperature.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.