5 small red potatoes (about 1 pound)
1 medium red pepper
1 medium green pepper
2 medium green onions
2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 medium, boneless chicken-breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
Parsley sprigs for garnish
1. Cut unpeeled potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Dice red and green peppers. Cut green onions into 1/2-inch slices.
2. In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat the potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender; drain
3. Meanwhile, in nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 teaspoons hot oil, cook diced red and green peppers until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
4. Stir into pepper mixture in skillot, cut-up potatoes, green onions, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Continue cooking until potatoes are golden brown and tender, stirring mixture frequently; remove potato-pepper hash to warm platter; keep warm. Wash and dry skillet.
5. On waxed paper, mix flour, chili powder, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
6. In the same skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot oil, cook chicken breasts 6 to 8 minutes, until they are lightly browned on both sides and juices run clear when pierced with a knife, turning chicken pieces occasionally. Arrange the chicken on platter with the potato hash. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
(based on individual servings)
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: g
Cholesterol: 91 mg
Sodium: 895 mg
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.