4 eggs, whites only
1/2 a cup of champagne or ginger ale
2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of ground ginger
2 cups of sugar
8 cups of pecan halves
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F
2. Spray two (15x10x1-inch) baking pans with nonstick coating spray.
3. Separate eggs and in a large bowl whisk egg whites.
4. Add 1/2 a cup of champagne or ginger ale, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, sugar and pecan halves.
5. Now fold this together until the nuts are evenly coated. Mix.
6. Spread the mixture out onto the baking pans.
7. Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until the coating is absorbed and the pecans appear dry, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
8. Separate the pecans into a single layer with two forks.
9. When they are cooled store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Provided by: Handmade TV
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.