By Dan Shapley
The mango recall that began in late August continues, as supermarkets announce recalls of mangoes or products that include Daniella Mangoes distributed by Splendid Products. These mangoes may be contaminated with salmonella.
The recalled mangoes, grown in Mexico, were sold across the U.S. and Canada between July 12 and August 29. Customers can identify the mangoes by the Daniella brand sticker and one of the following PLU numbers: 3114, 4051, 4311, 4584 or 4959. Consumers who are unsure if the product they purchased is included in the recall or have additional questions, may call 866-918-8758 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (ET).
The recall now includes many brands, foods and crosses many state borders. Here's a look at some of the related recalls (Click links for details):
- Food Lion, Harveys and Reid's in 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states.
Giant Foods in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia.
- Spokane Produce Inc.'s Pineapple/Mango Pico de Gallo, sold in Washington, Idaho and Montana.
- World Foods's cut fruit and salsa products sold in Florida.
- Winn Dixie's cut fruit by Renaissance Food Group, sold in some Florida counties.
- Bi-Lo supermarkets in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee.
- Stop & Shop stores in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, and New Jersey.
- Taylor Foods fruit products sold in Wawa markets in New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Ready Pac fresh cut fruit products sold under several brand names by Walmart, Wawa markets and others in Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Washington D.C., Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and Canada.
- Pacific Coast Fruit Co.'s deli-style fruit salads sold in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Alaska.
- Real Foods and Charlie's in Washington and Alaska.
- F & S Produce fruit products sold throughout Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states.