Ingredients1 sheet frozen puff pastry
1. Thaw the puff pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Combine the egg and water in a small bowl to create a wash and reserve.
4. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the pear slices and brown sugar and saute until lightly softened, about 5 minutes and stir in dried cranberries.
6. Remove from the heat and allow the fruit mixture to cool slightly.
7. Unfold the pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Roll to about an 11-inch square and cut off the corners to make a circle.
8. Cut the Camembert in half using a sharp knife heated with hot water.
9. Place the lower half of the Camembert in the center of the pastry sheet and top with half of the pear mixture.
10. Place the top of the Camembert -- cut side down -- on top of the pears. Top with the remaining fruit mixture.
11. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg mixture then fold the two opposite sides over the cheese. Trim the remaining two sides about 2-inches in from the cheese then brush with the egg mixture and fold them over onto the cheese. Press the edges to seal.
12. Place the cheese seam side down on a baking sheet brush with the remaining egg mixture. If you have extra time, cut decorative leaves from the reserve pastry scraps roll a few tiny pastry balls to make the picture complete.
13. Arrange the leaves and balls decoratively garnish with a little rosemary and brush with more of the egg mixture.
14. Now bake in a preheated oven until its golden brown - about 20 minutes.
Let it stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Provided by: Handmade TV
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.