Pecans add a nuttiness and unexpected crunch to this moist banana bread. It's even more delicious when served with a smear of cream cheese.
3-4 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup raw sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups of flour
cream cheese for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mash the bananas in a bowl. Add the melted butter and mix in.
3. Add sugar, beaten egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt to the banana bowl and mix in.
4. Fold in the flour until it is incorporated into the batter. Then fold in the pecans with gentle strokes.
5. Pour the batter into a buttered, 8-inch glass square baking dish.
6. Bake for 45 mins to 1 hour. Insert a knife in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean, it's done.
7. Let the cake cool in the pan for 1 hour. Slice and serve with a smear of cream cheese.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.