This is a fantastic dish for the holidays or a side dish to any meal.
2 cups uncooked wild rice
8 oz fresh mushrooms
6 cloves garlic
1 small onion (optional)
1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil.
2. Add wild rice and reduce heat to lowest temp and cook for 45-50 minutes covered. Drain the rice.
3. Cut mushrooms into large chunks and pan fry (no oil) in small pan 2-3 min till tender. Do not overcook.
4. Add garlic and onion and cook for 1-2 min more.
5. Combine with rice and enjoy.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.