Spice up your mornings with these yummy muffins. Submitted by GP.
3 large organic eggs
1/2 cup extra light olive or vegetable oil
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup organic stone ground cornmeal
1 cup baking mix
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with double paper cups.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs till frothy, and add the oil; whisk to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and whisk well. Add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pie spice and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour mix. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients into the wet; and stir by hand just enough to make a smooth batter. Drop the batter by spoonfuls into the twelve muffin cups.
4. Bake on a center rack in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or so, until the muffins are firm to the touch and golden. Check with a wooden toothpick, if necessary; if it emerges clean, the muffins are done.
5. Place the muffin pan on a wire to cool a bit, maybe five minutes. Then remove the muffins from the tin and place them on the wire rack to continue cooling.
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.