Cold pasta salads are great to have on hand for any occasion. I like to add pine nuts to this dish to give it a unique flavor.
3/4 lb. cheese tortellini
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1 organic red bell pepper, seeded, small dice
1/2 organic English cucumber, very thinly sliced
2 medium navel oranges, rind & pith removed, very thinly sliced
3/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
Freshly ground pepper
1. Follow cooking directions on tortellini. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again and set aside.
2. Place tortellini in large mixing bowl, and add remaining salad ingredients except pine nuts.
3. To make dressing, place ingredients in an airtight container and and shake well to combine.
4. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and gently toss until all ingredients are coated evenly.
5. Add pine nuts and toss gently before serving.
Source: Lacey, Teaneck, New Jersey
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.