Buy Recycled Paper Products
Did you know that toilet paper in the U.S. alone is responsible for the chopping of 1 million trees? When buying paper products whether it's toilet paper or office paper look for products made with post-consumer recycled fiber. "Post-consumer" means that the fibers came from paper that had previously been recycled. The higher percentage of recycled fiber, the better.
Also look to replace paper products with reusable items wherever possible. Instead of paper plates, napkins and towels, choose reusable cloth napkins and towels, and ceramic tableware.
When buying recycled paper products, here are some brands to look for:
- Green Forest toilet paper ($36 for 48 rolls at amazon.com), paper towels ($40 for 30 rolls at amazon.com) and tissues ($46.21 for a 24-box case at amazon.com)
- Seventh Generation toilet paper ($50 for 48 rolls at amazon.com, paper towels ($67 for 30 rolls at amazon.com) and tissues ($46.21 for a 24-box case at amazon.com)
- Marcal Small Steps toilet paper ($35 for 48 rolls at amazon.com) and paper towels ($23 for 15 rolls at amazon.com)
- Earth Friendly Products toilet paper ($62 for 96 rolls at amazon.com) and paper towels ($59 for 24 rolls at amazon.com)
- Boise Aspen office paper (100% recycled content, $45 for 5,000 sheets at amazon.com)
- Hammermill office paper (30% recycled content, $40 for 5,000 sheets at amazon.com)
- Printworks office paper (30% recycled content, $7 for 500 sheets at amazon.com)
Of course, don't forget to recycle paper, plastic, metal and everything else you can. You can't find products made from recycled materials if you don't recycle in the first place!