Have an old dresser that's on its last leg? Repurpose the drawers as decorative, useful displays. Event planner and interior designer Minoo Hersini of Au Ciel Design Studio has these thrifty-chic ideas:
1. Glue the inside of the drawer with layers of small plastic leaves and use it to display herbs.
2. Mount the drawer on the wall in the bathroom and display your rolled wash clothes or toilet tissue.
3. Cover the inside of the drawer with used stamps and use it as your mail holder. You can also add hooks and use it to hold keys.
4. Cover the inside of the drawer with notes from friends and family and use thumbtacks to post daily reminder notes.
5. Glue moss inside the drawer and display dried flowers.
Au Ciel Design Studio
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.