By Brian Clark Howard
Al Gore and Kevin Wall unveiled this Live Earth 7-Point Pledge at a press conference today at the Hearst Tower in Manhattan. For more on this story, click here
. For a video interview with Gore, click here
. I pledge
More on Live Earth: TDG Live From Live Earth (Live Blogged on 7-7-07) Report from Live Earth: Can Fashion Save the Planet? Live Earth Largest Online Entertainment Event in History Live Earth In The Media Live Earth and the Global Warming Generation VIDEO: Gore Hints At 2008 Presidential Outcome Gore Calls for 90% CO2 Reduction The Live Earth 7-Point Pledge Fans Chant: âGore 08'' For Youth-Oriented Live Earth Coverage, click here.
- To demand that my country join an international treaty within the next 2 years that cuts global warming pollution by 90% in developed countries and by more than half worldwide in time for the next generation to inherit a healthy earth;
- To take personal action to help solve the climate crisis by reducing my own CO2 pollution as much as I can and offsetting the rest to become "carbon neutral";
- To fight for a moratorium on the construction of any new generating facility that burns coal without the capacity to safely trap and store the CO2;
- To work for a dramatic increase in the energy efficiency of my home, workplace, school, place of worship, and means of transportation;
- To fight for laws and policies that expand the use of renewable energy sources and reduce dependence on oil and coal;
- To plant new trees and to join with others in preserving and protecting forests; and,
- To buy from businesses and support leaders who share my commitment to solving the climate crisis and building a sustainable, just, and prosperous world for the 21st century.